Critical Support have always been at the ‘sharp end’ of providing support to those who need it most. As a small dynamic team, who are not wrapped up in layers of management, we have been able to respond to crisis situations quickly and effectively, in many cases cutting through the red tape to get things done.
Most recently with the outbreak of war in the Ukraine in March 2022, We were able to respond quickly to support the delivery of emergency supplies and medical equipment to the Ukraine, and have subsequently set up a fully funded 13 bedroom property in Clapham as a ‘halfway house’ to support Ukrainian Refugees fleeing the conflict.
Key achievements in our Ukraine Support:
- Facilitated the delivery of over 1000 tonnes of aid within the first 3 weeks of the war
- Raised £350K in funding to support a 13 bedroom House in Clapham for refugees
- Helped to re settle 30+ Ukrainian families
- Provide signposting to local services and support networks
- Deliver weekly food parcels
- English language lessons
- Support entry to local schools
- Coordination of social events and activities for residents
- Creating a community for those fleeing the war
- Heralded as a ‘shining light’ of what is possible by Lambeth Council